Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association (HKAAA) Presents
2021 Cultural Leadership Summit – Value Creation in the Changing Game
(Hong Kong, July 23, 2021) Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association presents the 11th edition of Cultural Leadership Summit – “Value Creation in the Changing Game”. The 3-day conference will be held on 25- 27 August 2021. Despite the easing of the recent COVID-19 situation, the Summit will be an online event this year to align with the government’s proactive measures.
The Summit consists of numerous workshops and symposiums, focusing on how arts practitioners can adapt to the changes in this unprecedented time as art events are brought to a halt around the world. Under the ‘new normal’, arts practitioners, artists and arts organizations have remained active in connecting audiences via various formats. During this time, the arts sector has become more digitalized than ever, taking projects online and offline simultaneously to create a multi-dimensional art environment.
During the 3-day Summit, seasoned arts leaders and practitioners from around the world will share their insights on conquering limitations under the ‘new normal’ to promote and present arts via various channels. The discussions will cover arts administration, economic models, and the digitalization of art, so the industry can continue to create and benefit the public.
In this new era of change, it is vital for arts practitioners and arts organizations to exchange knowledge on presenting their works in innovative manners. This Summit will act as an interactive platform to explore new ways to create values in difficult times. Participants can benefit from the opportunities and possibilities brought by the ‘new normal’, thus inspire the public’s appreciation towards the arts and stimulate arts development in times of change.
We invited renowned local and international guest speakers for the Summit, including:
- Mr Corey Andrew Barr Director, Art Central Hong Kong
- Mr. Kenny Chen Seasoned Arts Administrator
- Dr. Celina Chin Board Member, Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association / Executive Director, Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra
- Mr James Chong Founder & CEO, Rolling Books
- Mr. Benedikt Fohr Chief Executive, Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra
- Ms Tisa Ho Executive Director, Hong Kong Arts Festival / Board Chair, International Society for the Performing Arts
- Mrs Rosa Huey Daniel Chief Executive Officer, National Arts Council (Singapore)
- Mr Leung Wai Yin Ian Programme Manager, Hong Kong Arts Centre
- Prof Isaac Leung Assistant Professor, Faculty of Arts of the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Ms Cerise Lim Jacobs Founder, White Snake Projects
- Mr. Bryant Lu Vice Chairman, Ronald Lu & Partners
- Ms Peng Jie Director of the Department of Publicity, Cultural and Sports Affairs, Liaison Office of the Central People’s Government in the HKSAR
- Ms Annike Pong Founder & Executive Director, Music Children Foundation
- Dr Henrietta Tsui-Leung Founder, Galerie Ora-Ora
- Dr David Tsui Honorary Treasurer, Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association / Executive Director, Hong Kong Dance Company
- Dr. Roland Witzel Policy Officer, German Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media
- Mr Dennis Wu Associate Marketing Director, Hong Kong Arts Festival
- Ms Winnie Yip Executive Manager, Charities (Grant Making - Arts, Culture, Heritage and Talent Development), The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust
- Mr Yuen Cheuk Wa Associate Dean of the School of Theatre and Entertainment Arts and Head of Media Design & Technology, The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts
For full programme, speakers’ list and registration details, please visit our event page
The Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association was founded in 1985. Our Mission is to promote, develop, represent and support the entire scope of the arts administration community in Hong Kong.
The Association has been empowering its members and fellow arts administrators in Hong Kong through various creative channels to fulfill the three main areas of the Association’s work, which are:
- Professional Development and Training through courses, workshops, internship and mentorship, and our Annual Summit
- Knowledge and Communication Platform through networking events, interflow programmes the Internet and numerous other communication platforms
- Advocacy by making active contributions to policy discussions
Cultural Leadership Summit
Since 2010, HKAAA has successfully organized ten Cultural Leadership Summits. We have expounded, discussed and debated on many important topics integral to the arts and cultural industry, including Arts Funding, Audience Building and Arts & Technology.
With an annual offering of talks, workshops, roundtable discussions and networking sessions, the Summits have brought together arts practitioners, arts entrepreneurs, artists, educators, cultural partners from non-profit sectors and business organizations, as well as public policy makers. Besides local arts practitioners, the Summit has also converged audiences from different cities and backgrounds, including representatives from Cloud Gate Theatre Taiwan, National Arts Council Singapore, Cultural Institution of Macau, and the US, Korean and Australian Consulate Generals in Hong Kong.
Ms Wendy Lam, Manager, HKAAA
Tel: 2877 7268