The Hong Kong Jockey Club University of Chicago Academic Complex
The University of Chicago Francis and Rose Yuen Campus in Hong Kong
Guided Tour at The Hong Kong Jockey Club University of Chicago Heritage Courtyard and Interpretation Centre
Built on a historically important site at Mount Davis, The Hong Kong Jockey Club University of Chicago Academic Complex | The University of Chicago Francis and Rose Yuen Campus in Hong Kong is a regional hub for ambitious research, education and collaboration and an important addition to the University’s international presence and engagement.
The campus combines modern functionality with the preservation of and respect for the site’s history, featuring the adaptive reuse of existing heritage buildings on the site.
In our guided tours, visitors saw the revitalized Grade 3 heritage buildings, namely Blocks A, B and B Annex, and the preserved exterior heritage elements (the battery and the magazine), as well as heritage trails. Visitors could also tour The Hong Kong Jockey Club University of Chicago Heritage Courtyard and Interpretation Centre (HCIC). Converted from Block B Annex and the entry courtyard, HCIC presents permanent and rotating exhibits highlighting the unique history of the Mount Davis site.
Date: 29 June 2019 (Sat)
Time: 11:00 – 12:00 (The event takes 60 minutes)
Venue: The University of Chicago Hong Kong Campus (168 Victoria Road, Mount Davis, Hong Kong)
Meeting time and point: 10:45 | Block A Reception | The University of Chicago Hong Kong Campus Entrance
Fee: Free of charge
- Participants must be current members/ volunteers of HKAAA. Each participant is welcome to bring along a guest.
- Only limited quota available. Registration will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Please fill in the name and email address of your guest on the registration form.
- The tour will cover outdoor area with stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended, and to avoid mosquito bites. It is recommended to wear light-colored long-sleeved tops and pants; use insect repellent.
- No parking is available in the campus. There is a vehicle drop-off and pick-up area within the site.